Using Facebook is a logical step for any business. Social Media marketing including Facebook is more cost efficient, more personal and more fluid than many other marketing mediums. Facebook in particular has become a great platform for reaching current, new and potential clients. Facebook is the largest website in the world and actually out populates the United States with more than 500 million active users. Here are some more Facebook facts:
- More than 500 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month. -Facebook
So how is this relevant for business? As exhibited above, your clients, patrons, and friends are using Facebook to connect with each other, brands and businesses. The average person is sharing content that they “Like” 60 times a month. Facebook, if used correctly by a business, can provide a wonderful opportunity to let your brand go viral, reap the benefits of personal referrals, increase brand/business awareness, and provide a medium for customer feedback.
In this three part series, we will explore some the following benefits for businesses: how Facebook can increase a businesses’ Brand Awareness and potential for going viral; how Facebook replicates the traditional referral system of networking, making connections and receiving referrals, and how businesses can use Facebook to increase customer feedback to avoid potentially negative customer impressions.
Ryan Flannagan is the Founder & CEO of Nuanced Media, an international eCommerce marketing agency specializing in Amazon. Nuanced has sold $100s of Millions online and Ryan has built a client base representing a total revenue of over 1.5 billion dollars. Ryan is a published author and has been quoted by a number of media sources such as BuzzFeed, CNBC, and Modern Retail.