Which Seller Rating Extension Should I Use?
Hopefully, you’re convinced by now that you should be using a seller rating extension due to all of the benefits that they offer, and the only thing left to consider is which one to choose. However, given the vast amount of existing extensions, this can be an overwhelming task.
All seller rating extensions have the same goal: to inspire trust between companies and potential customers by providing reviews from past customers. Because they all strive to do the same thing, it can be difficult to determine which extension will best fit your company.
Luckily, most providers are affordable and cater to your businesses by working with you to develop an optimal price plan. They use a subscription-based tiered pricing model, which benefits companies looking for a pay-as-you-grow approach. All of the providers that we researched allow companies to alter their plans at any time.
Our team researched three major providers in particular: Shopper Approved, ResellerRatings, and Trustpilot, and compared them against various factors to determine who offers the best value. Our research included analyses of pricing points, ease of use, user interface design, and many other points.
Verdict – Shopper Approved is our choice
For us, Shopper Approved gets the nod of approval. Though all three providers operate similarly and identify the same goal of promoting and managing brand image through customer reviews, there were a few factors that made Shopper Approved stand out for us. This extension provides the highest level of practicality, and we especially appreciate the transparency in pricing and lack of negative service remarks on their record. For more in-depth analyses of these extensions, visit the Shopper Approved, ResellerRatings, and Trustpilot review blogs.
Shopper Approved is one of the leading seller rating extensions with over 17,000 clients. This web-based product loads independently from your website, ensuring that it doesn’t slow down your website’s load times.
$49 $39* Monthly & Up
This extension is optimal for businesses that are looking for a simple, easy-to-use platform with a pay-as-you-grow model. Shopper Approved offers the most transparent pricing plan, with prices starting at
$49 $39 per month for up to 300 ratings and reviews. The pricing tiers increase as companies grow, with the highest tier at $599 per month with up to 10,000 ratings and reviews.
* Using our 20% discount, the original price is cut from $49 to $39.
- Milestone seals, certifications, and widgets that can be integrated into your website
- Simple tools for creating surveys, special offers, and promotional emails
- API and Facebook integration
- 70% more reviews than their competitors
- Money-back guarantee to triple your ROI
- Visibility on more search engines than competitors
- Offers 3 different types of reviews: merchant, product, and local (the three can be used in conjunction)
- Lack of in-depth troubleshooting within FAQ or tutorials
- Dashboard UI is outdated
- Difficulty working with support to resolve integration issues
ResellerRatings has over a decade’s worth of experience, and hosts over 68,000 merchants. In 2012, ResellerRatings joined Answers.com, which gave them the opportunity to significantly broaden their digital reach.
Pricing: $199 Monthly & Up*
ResellerRatings is better for companies that are seeking a more customized approach to seller ratings. Their pricing plans are based on an algorithm that takes into account a variety of Key Point Indicators, then dynamically places your company into a specific tier. Pricing begins at $199 per month for small businesses, stretching to $1,500 per month for enterprises. The tiers correlate to pricing points that are not publicly disclosed by ResellerRatings.
- Two-day review buffering for quick response
- Intelligence dashboard for competitive analysis
- Easy to collect reviews
- Farthest reaching syndication network
- Reviews do not require code implementation
- Offers only brand and product reviews
- Negative service-related claims have hindered their credibility
- Accusations of altering and removing reviews
- Vague notifications of pricing changes
Europe’s largest and fastest-growing seller ratings extension, Trustpilot, was founded in 2007. This newcomer has already made a significant impression in this sector by reviewing over 100,000 companies to date.
Pricing: $400 Monthly & Up*
Similar to ResellerRatings, Trustpilot’s pricing is based on an evaluation of their clients using an algorithm to place them into different pricing tiers. Trustpilot offers Lite, Pro, and Enterprise packages with pricing specific to each client. Thus, it is more suited for organizations looking for customized plans. While they do offer a free basic plan, its services are limited. The paid plans start at $400 per month and can reach $20,000 annually.
- Social sharing and integration
- Embeddable Trustbox widgets
- Review monitoring and automatic feedback
- Visually appealing UI/UX
- Consistent updates
- Lack of upfront pricing
- Short trial period of 14 days
- Requires a year-long commitment
- Minimal differences in services than those offered by competitors
*Pricing was determined by calling vendors and requesting pricing details. This information is subject to change.
Ready to look for an e-commerce platform that connects your social rating extension to your online business? Key platform competitors such as Magento and Shopify come with unique advantages. Check out how Magento and Shopify stack up against each other and which platform will work best for your business and your customer review extension.
Full Disclosure – Nuanced Media has recently gone into a partnership with Shopper Approved. All research was done previously of this relationship as we wanted to remain as unbiased as possible to give you the best and most accurate information about these Seller Rating Extensions.