Whether you’re new as an Amazon seller or someone who is established in the marketplace, the end goal never really changes. Sellers should always be looking at the cutting edge and the latest trends. Sellers want to ensure they know how to sell products on Amazon with an effective strategy.
The simple truth is that it’s simply not as easy as firing up Amazon, posting your product and immediately reaping the benefits of high sales. Any great Amazon seller will tell you that there is an incredible amount of deliberate strategy that goes on behind the scenes to ensure an Amazon page on the marketplace is operating like a well-oiled machine. Here’s how to sell products on Amazon with proper strategy and foundation.
What’s Your Strategy?
No one was ever led astray by planning ahead. When selling in the Amazon marketplace it is vital that, first and foremost, you establish a well-rounded, effective strategy. Yes, there is no denying the importance of selling a good product, but what good is that if you can’t effectively market it to prospective buyers?
Some basic information to look at when building your Amazon strategy:
- Keyword research
- Competition research
- Product research
- Profitability and pricing research
When you are able to collect 10-15 qualified keywords pertaining to your product and Amazon page, it makes the rest of your strategy-building much easier. If nothing else, these keywords will give astute insight into what competitive products are ranking for and will undoubtedly help with your page optimization.
Already Have an Amazon Account?
If you already have an Amazon account and are at least somewhat familiar with the marketplace then you are certainly ahead of the curve! But perhaps you still have a few questions about how to market your product. Perhaps you’ve seen sales fall short of where you’d want them, or maybe they haven’t picked up at all. Maybe you’re looking for a set of best practices to help properly optimize your page.
Whatever the case may be, the fact is that selling on Amazon with a do-it-yourself strategy is difficult and presents a variety of issues:
- There are only 24 hours in a day. Hours that are almost certainly better spent by you perfecting your product and running your business.
- What you don’t know can hurt you. The amount of research and time needed to properly optimize, operate and adapt in the Amazon can seem insurmountable when coupled with the required time it takes to be a successful business owner.
- Amazon’s ecosystem can be unforgiving. One honest mistake could result in an account suspension which would set you back immensely.
Using a Freelancer to Market on Amazon
For those deterred (rightfully so) from the do-it-yourself method of Amazon marketing, the next solution might be to hire a freelancer. Hiring a freelancer to take care of your Amazon marketing certainly has its benefits. Freelancers usually come at a cheap rate, especially when commissioned off-shore. When properly vetted and hired correctly, freelancers possess a specialized skill set that lends itself to this kind of marketing.
But, freelancers, though often helpful for short-term projects, lack some of the qualities needed to run a truly successful Amazon marketing campaign:
- There are only 24 hours in the day. Yes, again. Even with freelancers a certain amount of time and effort must be put in to ensure your marketing strategy is operating as intended.
- Freelancers work on multiple projects at the same time. How sure can you be that they are truly putting in their best effort for you?
- Freelancers can also move on fairly quickly. Finding qualified replacements is no easy task.
- You may have to train them if they are not an expert in the are you need.
Freelancers can certainly alleviate some of the ailments found in the DIY strategy of creating an Amazon marketing campaign. However, it is difficult to view it as anything more than a half measure. Many of the benefits found in using a freelancer can be multiplied tenfold simply by utilizing an agency in your Amazon marketing efforts. Keep in mind: if you do go the route of a freelancer, be very deliberate in articulating the scope in which you intend to have them work. It is important that you respect their time, and expect them to do the same.
Going the Agency Route
Simply put, an Amazon marketing agency will provide you with the most effective ongoing strategy for your business. Yes, there is an investment that must be made up front. But that investment is made with the assurance that you are getting quality work that will directly impact your sales and the growth of your business.
An agency provides you with a stable organization and a clear path to achieve your business goals within the Amazon marketplace. Agencies invest their dollars in hiring qualified, passionate individuals who are skilled in the areas your desire. They ensure that their employees are versed in the latest tools and information, meaning that a team of individuals are working to build your product a strategy that will yield a winning result.
Other benefits of using an agency with Amazon marketing:
- Structured management layers lined with seasoned professionals.
- Possess large diverse networks to draw information and employees from.
- Dedicated to building lasting, long relationships with their clients.
- Are almost certainly on the cutting edge when it comes to new ideas, strategies, and tools.
There are many questions to consider when trying to find the right Amazon marketing strategy. Now you know how to sell products on Amazon with efficiency and what kinds of tools and help you can find through the entire process.
Free Amazon Keyword Analysis: Comment “Keyword” below and we will run a FREE Amazon Keyword Analysis so you can gauge your Amazon Business Opportunity
Get the latest trends, tips, and best Amazon Seller Practices – Like us on Facebook
Not on Facebook? Watch and join the conversion here: