What is Shopper Approved?
If you are looking to collect, manage, and promote your customer reviews for your business, then Shopper Approved may be a good solution for you. Shopper Approved is one of a number of seller rating extensions trying to help businesses develop a positive image through customer ratings. This cloud-based extension provides clients with the ability to improve customer engagement and improve brand image by displaying customer reviews on the product, merchant, and local listings.
Shopper Approved faces a lot of tough competition in the customer review platform industry, but the two largest competitors are Trustpilot and ResellerRatings. Both companies provide very similar services with competitive pricing and features.
Unlike its competitors, Shopper Approved relies on a transparent and simplistic pricing model that lets clients determine the best option that suits their needs.
- Pricing ranges from a base model of
$49.00$39.00* & per month for up to 300 ratings and reviews, up to the highest pricing (ideal for larger clients) with a monthly charge of $399.00 including up to 5000 evaluations
- Shopper Approved also offers an Enterprise Unlimited plan that caters to the largest partners who require more than 5000 ratings
- The pay-as-you-grow model of pricing allows companies to scale up their plan as their needs increase
* Using our 20% discount, the original price is cut from $49 to $39.
Ease of Use
Ease of use is crucial, especially when the goal for the client is to be spending less time configuring and managing a platform, and more time analyzing information and fostering a positive brand image. We found that Shopper Approved:
- Requires very little effort to set up — all you have to do is add a single line of code to the thank you page of any existing landing page
- Does not require uploading files, no installing or managing databases
- Provides clients with step-by-step tutorials and the ability to manage their accounts anywhere via online platform
Advanced Tools and Core Features
Shopper Approved provides an assortment of tools and features to help clients entice new prospects and retain existing customers. Some key features include:
- The ability to integrate seals, certifications, and widgets onto your website
- Social media synchronization — which allows for a greater level of market reach
- Tools to create surveys, special offers, and promotional emails
- Offers integration with common e-commerce and marketing management systems such as Salesforce and Magento, and Shopify. If you are looking to compare e-commerce platforms in addition to customer platforms, check out this review of Shopify versus Magento.
Testing out the platform, we found the UI to be very clean and simplistic with a column of tabs on the left side of the screen housing navigation to different areas. Not only was navigation throughout the platform very easy, but we were able to easily make any needed alterations and additions to our account in the tools and options pages.
What sets the company apart is that they collect 70% more reviews and are visible on more search engines than their competitors. To earn the trust of their clients, Shopper Approved offers a full 30 day trial with no strings attached. This approach further solidifies their commitment to quality and service. One particular advantage that stands out is the integration of ratings into the Google search engine, which gives potential customers a chance to get a strong initial impression of the company.
With all of that said, we do feel there are some areas that Shopper Approved doesn’t excel in.
- When attempting to integrate reviews from a 3rd party platform, we found it necessary to contact Shopper Approved directly several times. We believe this troubleshooting could have been addressed by an FAQ page or an instructional video on their website.
- Furthermore, although the UI is easy to navigate, the platform does not have a very modern feel and seems dated.
However, these issues are relatively small, and could be easily resolved over a short period of time with simple changes to their website design and functionality.
Verdict – Simple & Affordable
Shopper Approved isn’t fancy. It’s utilitarian in its approach and does exactly what it needs to. With a variety of different tools and features wrapped up in its seamless UI and great pricing approach, Shopper Approved is a good choice for any company seeking to collect, manage, and promote customer ratings and reviews.
Full Disclosure – Nuanced Media has recently gone into a partnership with Shopper Approved. All research was done previously of this relationship as we wanted to remain as unbiased as possible to give you the best and most accurate information about these Seller Rating Extensions.